I don’t denounce structuralism. Every time I watch a Disney or Pixar movie with my daughters and tears start welling up in my eyes by simple structural tactics, like music and camera angles, I’m reminded there is a reason it works. But I’m a literary writer and we are defiant bastards and we like to take structuralism and bend it our will. So we can look in the mirror and say to ourselves, “The industry will not make me a slave.”
- 39,115 hits
- Mona Susan Power’s Praise for Oscar Hokeah’s Debut Novel: CALLING FOR A BLANKET DANCE
- Native Heroes for Character Building: Issues with Villains and Victims in Storytelling
- Cherokee Actor: Kholan Studie Starring in Short Film “The Dark Valley”
- Cover Reveal for Debut Novel: CALLING FOR A BLANKET DANCE
- Debut Novel Cover Reveal Tomorrow!